Taking care of a family member with Alzheimer's can be a challenge. It's where Interim HealthCare of Dothan can help. We offer Alzheimer's care to families from around Dothan, Enterprise, and nearby areas in AL. We can care for your loved one in many ways, making their life easier. Meanwhile, we can provide respite relief for you and other family caregivers, too. When you are with your loved one, you'll have more patience and energy.
In the meantime, here are some tips to follow to make your day easier when you're caring for them:
- Be flexible. Your loved one's needs and abilities will change over time. When you stay flexible and remain patient, you can better handle new situations and unpredictable behavior.
- Stay on a routine. The more consistent each day, the better. Work with your loved one to create a schedule around their daily routine and preferences to reduce anxiety and frustration.
- Keep their home quiet. Those with Alzheimer's have a hard time focusing when there's a lot of loud noises. So, whenever possible, keep the TV or music on low and ask visitors to speak quietly.
- Ask their opinion. Don't make all the decisions. Give your family member a choice, so they have a voice. For instance, offer two choices for dinner and ask which they prefer.
- Limit napping. If your loved one takes naps during the day, it could impact their ability to get a good night's rest. Avoid this by limiting their naps to a short one each day.
- Make communication easier. Ask your loved one "yes" or "no" questions that are simpler for them to answer. For example, rather than asking, "How are you feeling?" ask, "Are you tired?"
Find Out More About Our Alzheimer's Care in Dothan
If someone you love has Alzheimer's, don't go it alone. Get support from our team. We offer a compassionate team of experienced caregivers who can ensure your loved one is safe and comfortable with assistance like medication reminders, help with bathing and dressing, meal preparation, and more. At the same time, you'll have peace of mind that they're in capable, caring hands when you're away.
Find out more about why so many families turn to us for care in:
- Fort Rucker
- And throughout the surrounding area
Call (334) 446-0676 today for a no-obligation consultation to learn more about our Alzheimer's care in Dothan, AL."